Friday, December 9, 2011

Word Vomit



“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe


It's unfortunate we all have our moments of doubt & insecurity; it's worse when these moments stretch into actual crippling beliefs. Tonight is a night I could allow myself to become a victim to my own sorrow, to the disgusting entitlement of self-pity. I feel fat, ugly, devoid of talent and reason. I see clearly all my short-comings as a friend and person. etc etc etc.

Please let me digress.

But. I hate victims. I recognize these murky feelings, cough them and forcibly vomit them from my system. Dealing with them as they are, instead of ignoring, I can exorcise my annoying demons and get out of this house and hang out with people I love.

Thanks for putting up with my worst and I'll always try to give you my best.