Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Lessons in Letting Go

"Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it."
-Ann Landers

I knew it'd be hard to say goodbye to Sam & Davy but I hadn't anticipated it being this difficult. I have two little kitten-sized holes in my heart now. They were our first fosters & we nursed them back to health. It was amazing to see their recovery.

It's such a special, precious gift to teach them love & joy. People are cruel & neglectful to animals, a behavior, a lack of compassion beyond my comprehension so we save these babies & shower them in love & care, teaching them there is good in this world.

We had to let them go so they could show off what they learned & bring joy to another's life. We had to let them go so we could save more lives. 

Fostering is an exercise in love, a grinch-like expanding of your heart, growing larger than you thought possible. Despite the sorrow of farewell, I know there will be more hellos, more little ones to rescue. I have to keep this empty spot in my heart & my home to welcome them.

Thanks to Rescued Pets Movement for this opportunity & the life-saving journeys.

I learn to let go.

No comments: