Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Like a Boss



"Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Guess what?! I got a promotion and a raise! After two years of drudgery, no recognition, and underappreciation at my last company, this feels amazing. It only took 7 months of doing what I do and it paid off. 

They announced in the company meeting today about my promotion and that I'll be transitioned as soon as my replacement is located. 

Damn. It feels so good to be here. 

Granted, this isn't my ~*~DrEaM~*~ career, but I've worked hard to establish myself in this industry and I'm proud I'm finally, finally, finally getting somewhere. Which brings me to a point: you don't have to have a job in your passion in order to be fulfilled. It would be nice if I could find a lucrative career which would enable my desired lifestyle by reading all day, but alas, that isn't going to happen. So now, I work at a job that isn't the most fun but I respect its value and see the importance of it.

Aaaaand it brings in a paycheck which DOES enable my lifestyle of leisure while putting a bit away in savings and cutting down some of that pesky student loan debt.

Anyhow. I am happy. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Christine!!